Here is an overview of the most asked questions divides by subjects.
• Where is Lemireart.com and Alain Lemire auto portraitist are located?
Lemireart is located in Laval, Quebec, Canada
• How can I contact Lemireart?
You contact Lemireart by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone: 514 528 8908 or by Facebook via the Lemireart professional page: https://www.facebook.com/lemireart
• Does Lemireart have a physical gallery?
Lemireart.com does not have a physical art gallery. We plan to exhibit at automotive events in the Montreal and Quebec City area. To be informed of these events, subscribe to the newsletter by clicking here.
• Are Alain Lemire's art products a financial investment?
Only a handmade work with a certificate of authenticity and a notebook recounting the inspiration and history of the work can become a financial investment due to the rarity of works in acrylic, watercolor or lead pencils made by Alain Lemire.
• Is it’s possible to order several items at a time?
Yes it is possible to order several itemsat a time. You must contact lemireart.com by email or phone and announce products to buy. A price will be confirmed and you will be able to pay at this time.
• How will I be notified that the order for a Lemireart product is underway?
Lemireart makes a point of sending a shipping email to the customer with an approximate date of parcel’s reception given by the shipping company.
• How long can a private order be made?
The time varies according to the dimensions and the complexity of the subject to be done. Basically, it can take between 2 and 4 weeks to complete a private order.
• When I want to place a private order, what happens if I do not have a picture of the subject I want to have?
At the consultation meeting, it will be possible for you to explain in detail what you want. Using internet search, it will be possible to have one or more reference images to start the project.
• Once the production of the private order has been activated, what will be the contacts I will have with Lemireart?
Lemireart.com undertakes to send a drawing line of the work to be done. The final work will be sent later and if the subject allows, color options can also be proposed.
• I want to order a custom piece and I would like to know how it works?
Ideally, to place a special order, you have to go with a consultation meeting and discuss your project versus your budget. It must be taken into account that there is a minimum format to engage in a private order. Once the project is in place, a virtual contractual agreement be signed according to the size of the work to be done, the payment terms and the elements to be reproduced on the artwork.
• Do you offer a framing service?
Yes Lemireart.com offers a framing service for printed automotive portraits. On the other hand, it is limited to the geographical territory of the customers who can come to take possession of the supervision at the Lemireart production studio.
Lemireart.com also offers framing on products made on canvas mounted on wooden frames. There are no geographical limits for this product, but expect it to cost the price to ship.
• Does Lemireart carry out commercial projects?
Yes Lemireart can realize commercial projects of the illustration style of a car project to modify often call "rendering". It is also possible for Lemireart to create printed brochures and other graphic design works for professionals of the automotive hobby.
• Do you make special or private orders?
Yes, it’s possible to have a vehicle be drawn, either on a neutral background, or in a decor of your choice. The price will depend on the complexity and dimensions of the work to be done.
• How can I see my future virtual acquisition on the wall I want to decorate?
It is possible to use a smart cell phone application to have your future scaled artwork on your wall. Here is a suggested app: https://www.curate-space.com/
• Is paying online safe?
Buying a product on Lemireart.com is very safe as much as Paypal can be. The buttons for buying items sold are Paypal buttons. There is no request for asking your contact details on Lemireart.com. Paypal provide them.
• Will I receive a confirmation of my order once paid?
If you pay using Paypal, you will receive a confirmation of payment shortly after making it. A confirmation from Lemireart will be sent within 24 to 48 hours of your order.
• How should the payment for a private order be made?
The payment of a private order is done in 2 steps. A first 50% non-refundable payment must be made when the contract is signed. The 2nd payment will be made upon delivery of the work to the customer if he lives in a suitable geographical area, or before the shipment of the work, once everything is to the taste of the customer. Retouching of the work is possible.
All private orders received by hand or by mail by a customer are non-refundable.
• Do you offer monthly payment plans for the purchase of more expensive products?
Yes, it’s possible to create a payment frequency using Paypal. It is also possible to send postdated checks on a frequency of 3, 6 and 12 payments. A contract will then be made to seal the conditions of payment and shipping.
• What types of payment do you accept?
Lemireart.com accepts payments via Paypal, credit cards under the use of Paypal and international negotiable US Post money order.
• Do I have to pay Canadian sales taxes: GST (Canada) and QST (Quebec)
Being a company that makes less than $ 30,000 a year, Lemireart.com can sell without paying taxes. For sales abroad, no Canadian or foreign taxes are charged.
• What happens if I receive a damaged product?
Our products are well packaged and it is quite rare that we have a complaint of damaged products. If it’s the case, follow these instructions:
1- Photograph the product and its packaging if received damaged
2- Send the photo of the damaged product to: email@example.com.
3- Take care to write your name and detail the damages.
A replacement product will be sent upon receipt of the photo of the damages.
• How much does shipping cost in Canada?
Postal fees for a product printed on paper and rolled in a tube, cost between $ 15 and $ 25 depending on the province. Products are usually shipped at the regular rate.
• Is it possible to ship a product internationally?
Yes, Lemireart.com ships its products internationally since 2003. The shipping usually takes between 1 to 3 weeks depending on the country. Products exceeding US $100 in value, may be subject to import taxes and fees. Consult your national customs office for more details.
• Do I have to pay a tax or customs fee when importing product over US$100 created by Lemireart?
Yes, there are customs fees to pay. They vary from one country to another. Consult your national customs office for more details.
• How are your automotive portraits printed on paper wrapped?
As they are printed on thick paper, the printed car portraits are rolled in a tube with a wrapping paper. A folded sticky paper whose end on itself is easily removable.
• How are your wood framed art products wrapped?
The art products on canvas mounted on wooden frames are packaged in a corrugated cardboard box created from scratch. The canvas is wrapped in heavyweight bubble wrap and slid into the corrugated box.
• When I paid for a printed automotive portrait, how long can it take to receive my order?
Printing an order printed on paper can take between 3 and 6 business days. Shipping usually takes:
- Between 2 and 5 business days for Canada
- Between 7 and 10 business days to USA, UK, Switzerland, Germany, Neighterland, Belgium and Scandinavian countries.
- Between 10 and 20 business days to Australia and New Zealand
• Can I return a product purchased on Lemireart.com that does not meet my expectations?
It is possible to return a product within 7 days. Having been approved by you prior to shipping, only the selling price displayed on the Lemireart.com website, excluding shipping charges will be refunded. You are responsible for returning the product in the shipping package in which you received it and at your expenses.
• How can I return a product?
You must return the product in the shipping box in which you received it within 7 days after receiving it. Any product damaged during the return will not be refunded.
• Who pays the fees when returning?
As long as the work is well described on the website by its dimensions, printing technique, type of paper or canvas used, the return postage costs are the responsibility of the customer. The customer must prove that the description was not good enough for the product he received.
• What is a “giclé” print?
It is a type of high-end digital printing that can reproduce an image on a wide range of art paper such as watercolor paper and it is also possible to print on artist canvas, thus obtaining a printed image very similar to a painting.
Spray printing uses between 8 and 10 colors, giving a wider range of color printing. It is possible to print one by one the copies of a work in spray, while in offset, we need to have lots of copies to make to have a good price per copy.
A poster is printed using offset printing technique, which is used to print a magazine. This commercial printing technique uses 4 colors.
• What is a canvas print?
It is possible to have an artwork to be printed on canvas, also called an artist's canvas. The canvas is mounted on a wooden frame and can be framed. Printing on canvas is water resistant and requires no varnish coats. The wood base on which the canvas is stretched is available in 3/4 inch thick for dimensions of less than 11X14 inches and 1 1/4 for 16X20 inches and larger.
• What do the terms "limited edition" and “personalized edition" mean?
- A limited edition an artwork printed in a number of copies. The copy number as well as the name of the artist are handwritten at the bottom of the printed image.
- A custom edition is a copy of an existing drawing modified to suit a more demanding client. Additional fees apply to the realization of such a work, in order to pay the costs incurred by the changes to be made.
On a personalized automotive portrait, it’s possible to have the serial number of the car, the date of construction at the factory, the date of the sale at the dealer, the name of the owner and the production numbers according to if it's a "special edition" car like the Corvette ZR1 C7, the 2015 Camaro Z28 or the 2016 Shelby GT350.